Following is a list of all that Ms. Rice did to make the parade a success. Please be generous with your support. All donations and pledges of donations that are received will be posted to the Web site with prominent links for all to see. Please indicate if you do not desire your name to be publicized.
WEB SITE: Pamela Rice ...
PROGRAM GUIDE: Pamela Rice ...
POST-PARADE RALLY IN UNION SQUARE PARK: Pamela Rice ...
- Conceptualized, designed, and created digital print-ready files for the program guide
- Sold advertising for the guide, often making special calls to those likely to be interested
- Incorporated numerous PayPal buttons in the Web site (now hidden since guide is now printed) to help people make purchases of their program-guide ads
- After a bidding process, chose a printer for the guide
- Prepared digital files for use by the printer
MEDIA: Pamela Rice ...
- Contracted with the city's parks department to obtain permits after several on-site meetings
- Contracted with the company that supplied the sound for the music festival and rally
- Contracted with the company that supplied the 10 8-foot-long tables
- Recruited exhibitors for the rally site; 38 in 2009
- Acted as liaison with these 38 exhibitors, relaying guidelines from the city's parks department
- Acted as emcee on stage
- Designed and mailed out pledge forms to potential prize donors (on-stage best-costume contest) and followed up with phone calls
- Coordinated speakers, handled entertainment
- Collected bios on the speakers and the musical attraction and posted them to the Web site
VOLUNTEERS: Pamela Rice ...
PARADE PLANNING, OPERATIONS: Pamela Rice ...
- Wrote a press release and posted it online in several formats (PDF, MS Word, and html)
- Coordinated and put through two mailings of the press release to the media
- Created an up-to-date database of specific media people; in response, media came out in droves!
- Took time to be interviewed by: 1010 Wins (radio), The New York Times, the New York Sun, AM New York, New York Magazine (video), New York Daily News, The Villager, Vegan Radio, Healthy Planet Radio, and Supreme Master TV
PUBLICITY: Pamela Rice ...
FINANCE: Pamela Rice ...
OFFICE, GENERAL OPERATIONS: Pamela Rice ...
- Contracted with the police department, 6th precinct, to obtain permits.
- Determined parade route, negotiating this with local precinct representative
- Staffed the office phone, answered all phone inquiries about the parade
- Answered all email inquiries about the parade
- Took part in 10 planning meetings
CLICK to PLEDGE OR DONATE NOW
- Performed all bookkeeping, accounting, and bill-payment duties for parade, as well as fulfilled general day-to-day operations of the VivaVegie Society and its office on Union Square West
- Continued to fulfill multiple-copy orders for VivaVegie's primary revenue maker, 101 Reasons Why I'm a Vegetarian, pamphlet edition
TO VEGGIE PRIDE PARADE 2014
GENERAL SKILLS POSSESSED BY PAMELA RICE
- Graphic design (Quark & Photoshop expert)
- Copy editing
- Web site design, construction, and maintenance
- Writing, book author
- Sales (advertising, printing)
- Marketing, pr, and publicity
- Fund raising
- Volunteer coordinating
- Database management